- No rich text editing with Safari (no google docs, no blogger, etc.) Huh? Why not? Pathetic.
- Apple doesn't allow other music players (I want WinAmp.)
- Web-browsing is slow. Don't expect the speeds/convenience of a desktop/laptop
- No find text in web-page
- Can't delete default apps (who's going to use iPod, iTunes, etc.?)
- Say goodbye to RSI
- There are some great games that use the new UI really well (e.g. Osmos, Labyrinth 2, Train Controller 2). Even old games are great (Civ Rev, Wesnoth)
- Reading with GoodReader, iBooks or Kindle is very good. I think I'm transitioning away from physical books.
- The device syncs perfectly with your gmail, calendar and contacts.
- There are some excellent apps (DropBox, IM+, GoodReader, Table of Elements, Desktop Connect, AirVideo etc.)
As it is, I can play games, read, surf the web, instant message, and send email all really well. That's excellent.
As a word, the iPad is "very good." It really is a totally new type of computer. Fix those issues above (all could be done in a single update) and I could do pretty much all I want on it.