Saturday, October 23, 2010

Musings on Role-Playing Games

I've played role-playing games, on and off (mostly off) for many years. I haven't played much over the last few years. During the last week I've been reading Lankhmar stories by Fritz Leiber. They have relatively simple plots, but truly evocative scenes, events and characters. Reading these stories have inspired me to re-start some role-playing.

Role-playing games that I've played over the years:
I recently read a fairly comprehensive history of role-playing games at http://ptgptb.org/0001/history1.html. It goes through a lot. Origins of RPGs, gamebooks, collectible miniature games, etc. Reading this history brought up a lot more games that I've never tried.

Role-playing games that I'd consider playing:

No comments:

Post a Comment